Saturday, September 3, 2011

New Beginnings

I recently celebrated a birthday; my continuing journey into the realm of 50 plus has been enlightening. I learn new things about myself every day. I would like to believe I am more aware of the world and who I am in it. Yourpersonalhealthplan begins anew; to challenge self-sabotaging thought processes that overshadow our true selves.

This is the path I find myself on. I find that most folks don't start out with a conscience thought that the choices they make are self-defeating.... I realized my self-defeating tendencies were anchored in past failures that convinced me that pursuing certain endeavors would end up as they had in the past. Nothing could be further from the truth!

We are the sum total of what we believe ourselves to be; and the choices we make as a result. I realize now that failure is okay if we understand it as a learning process and not a declaration of who we are. The same holds true for successes; they are a result of choices; in this instance, good choices...but not a judgment of who we are in our entirety.

I am currently reading "7 Principles of Great Leaders" by Fred Sarkari. I find this book inspirational. One thing the author states which we all know is true, " There is only one constant in life and that is change. No matter how hard you try, you cannot prevent change, so embracing it is your best option" (Sarkari, 2009, p.22). I love wise words!

So if change is is certain, we adapt and move forward. This is one way we create new beginnings. I am committed to embrace change and do some awe-inspiring things with the rest of my time here...What about you?

Consider this video:





No comments:

Post a Comment